RESOURCES FOR IMPLEMENTATION
COMMON CORE STANDARDS
The Common Core State Standards are a set of standards for Math and English Language Arts that were developed by state leaders to ensure that every student graduates high school prepared for college or the workforce. The standards are designed to set clear expectations of what students should know in each grade and subject. They reflect rigorous learning benchmarks when compared to countries whose students currently outperform American students on international assessments.
1. www.tncore.org – provides an overview of the transition to the common core standards
2. www.corestandards.org – contains the standards in E/LA and Math along with application for special populations (ELL, Special Ed.)
3. www.ccsso.org – provides a list of tools and free resources to guide implementation of Common Core State Standards
4. www.achievethecore.org – provides free, high-quality resources to educators for implementing standards
5. Building the Promise of the Common Core Together- We provide educators with open source tools and resources needed to actively engage teachers in making education content localized and adapted to their own environments.
6.Parent Roadmaps to the Common Core Standards- English Language Arts- The Council of the Great City Schools' parent roadmaps in English language arts/literacy provide guidance to parents about what their children will be learning and how they can support that learning in grades K-8.
7. Progressions Documents for the Common Core Math Standards- The Common Core State Standards in mathematics were built on progressions: narrative documents describing the progression of a topic across a number of grade levels, informed both by research on children's cognitive development and by the logical structure of mathematics
8. Basal Alignment Project- The Council of the Great City Schools and Student Achievement Partners partnered together to launch an initiative called the Basal Alignment Project (BAP)
9. CCSS-CTE Classroom Tasks- As states and districts implement the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), they will need to find ways to ensure the content is both rigorous and engaging for students, particularly in mathematics.
10. Understanding Language- Language, Literacy, and Learning in the Content Areas
11. Common Core Standards for English Language Learners -This resource section offers ideas and materials including classroom videos, teacher interviews, and bilingual parent tips
Teacher Video Resources
Expect More TN (Parental Resource)
Decatur County Board of Education
Branson Townsend, Director
59 W. Main Street, P.O. Box 369
Decaturville, TN 38329
Phone: (731) 852-2391
Fax: (731) 852-2960